- 2 boxes Betty Crocker Extra Moist White Cake Mix
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2/3 cups vegetable oil
- 6 egg whites
- 4 teaspoons almond extract
- Violet food coloring, plus just a tad of pink to brighten it up.
Make your icing:
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- 2 pounds powdered sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1/2 Tablespoons almond extract
- 3/4 cups cocoa powder
Put your cake together with the frosting in between each layer. I used Easter M&Ms for the border and edible butterflies by Wilton (available at Joann's or Michael's) for decoration.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.