Well, I'm not a big fan of the creepy and scary aspect of Halloween. In fact, to me, Halloween is just a big waste of time keeping us from celebrating Thanksgiving and Christmas even longer! Well, I guess it's fun to dress babies up like bumblebees (more on that later)...
So instead of making anything scary, for the Halloween festivities this weekend I made some Cookie Monster cupcakes.
And they're pretty easy:
- Make chocolate cupcakes (or whatever kind you like best).
- In a ziplock bag, set aside two spoonfuls of plain white vanilla frosting.
- Use blue food coloring to dye the remaining vanilla frosting (heads up: it is going to require a lot of food coloring to get the frosting this color - I had to use almost an entire bottle of dye for one can of frosting).
- From a cake decorating set, use the grass tip to create the fur: start in the middle and work your way toward the edges in a circular pattern.
- Refrigerate the cupcakes for about half an hour to let the frosting stiffen. You don't have to do this, but it makes doing the eyes a little easier.
- Cut a tiny piece of the corner of your ziplock bag to make the eyes out of white frosting. You can use a toothpick to keep the edges clean.
- Put mini chocolate chips in then center of your white frosting for the pupils.
- Voila! Enjoy your cute cupcakes!
And of course, this post wouldn't be complete without some pictures of Addi enjoying the cupcakes!