This is the one I made for my friend, Mallory, for Christmas.
I used blue and green scrapbooking paper to decorate the front and tabbed pages, since those are her favorite colors. Think of the personalization possibilities! You could completely customize the look to get exactly what you wanted.
(Please excuse the shininess. That's a result of the lamination and the camera's flash.)
I listened to Mallory's ideas of things she wanted to keep track of for a few weeks and then decided on the following tabs:
- Recipes (she loves to bake)
- Home Inspirations (for products or room ideas she might want in her future house)
- Projects (we're always collecting them from blogland and beyond)
- Gifts (she's an amazing gift-giver, partially because she listens to what people talk about and keeps track of things she thinks they might like - now there's a whole notebook section to make that easier for her. Now she can keep track of gift ideas when she sees them months ahead of the time she'll need them.)
- Addresses (everyone has addresses they need to keep handy)
- Miscellaneous (I included this tab for any random thoughts, quotes, inspiration or scheduling reminder she might want to jot down)
In retrospect, I should have added a pocket in the front or back since she's always hanging onto sale ads so she can use them at the right time. It would have been a great addition to make this even more useful.
If you make yourself one, you can get them bound at your local Staples or Office Depot - anywhere with a printing center should be able to do it. Keep in mind that if you use chipboard for any embellishment, it cannot be laminated. Stickers and paper are a better route.
Next up, I'm going to make myself one - and hopefully, with a little perfection, I'll be offering these in my upcoming Etsy shop very soon.