- 1 pound ground turkey (preferably pre-seasoned with Italian seasonings)
- 2 Tbls olive oil
- 3 Tbls flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 10.5 ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced medium
- 3 celery stalks, diced medium
- 1 loaf crusty white bread, cut into large cubes
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbls butter
Rinse out skillet and pat dry. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add onion and celery and cook until tender, 8 minutes. Remove from heat. In a separate bowl, stir together the cream of chicken soup and water. Add that, along with the bread and cranberries, to the onion and celery mixture. Toss until combined. Stir in eggs. Spoon bread mixture over turkey mixture. Cut the butter into small pieces and distribute over the bread mixture. Bake until juices are bubbling and bread is golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
And even if you're not a big fan of cranberries, I would really suggest you incorporate them. They really add something special to the dish. It's like a full Thanksgiving dinner in every bite. Now if only it incorporated some mashed potatoes...
Linked up at Tastetastic Thursdays on A Little Nosh. Featured on Weekend Spotlight.